Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Stitching on the Travellers' Blanket

I have been doing some more stitching on the travellers' blanket whilst I ponder a cot quilt I should have made months ago- it needs to include poppies as it's for a little girl called poppy. I have to dye the fabric for it but also have to think about how I will make the quilt as it will be washed and needs to be soft- so not so heavily stitched.

 The travellers' blanket is starting to look like wobbly millefiore- the effect of the circles is so different to the effect with the stitched squares. I only tie dyed the upper third of the blanket so am now appliqueing circles of recycled sari silk to be the centres of the circles. The sari silk is  a bit tricky to sew with as it is very fine and so shreds easily- so the only way to deal with it is to stitch it heavily. Don't forget there is still time to enrol in the Travellers Blanket class which starts on 13 August.  You can chose to do circles or squares or any other shape that appeals to you like tear drops.Details are here if you are interested.



I am so over cars i can barely write the word car- one problem fixed and now another  more expensive problem to be fixed- it's driving me nuts, not only is it consuming precious pennies but also quite a lot of time plus kids need running around and sans car that is proving to be difficult.Does anyone know a good reliable mechanic in Geelong?

8 comments:

murgelchen said...

Wonderful stitching.
LG,

Helga

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

It really appeals to me...so beautiful!

Deborah OHare said...

I love this.
...and I so hear you about the car!
Deborah

Unknown said...

What beautiful work! So free yet intricate.

wedding photography Melbourne said...

Thanks for posting some fun pictures.

Abigail Thomas said...

beautiful

ELFI said...

très beau!!

pompom said...

You have got a nice blog site.