Thursday, September 23, 2010

Back from Carrefour and Fabric Painting

Phew! Carrefour Europeen du Patchwork was hectic- fortunately I did get some help  from my friend Margo from Teinture Textile. Saw lots of people i knew and met some new ones. Delivered my Gypsy Blanket to Aurifil.

Now it is down to very hard work- working on my Syria book, a book proposal and an exhibition here in le Triadou at the end of October just before I return home. It will be our first exhibition as Atelier Printemps Sacre ( sorry can't find the accent thingie). I want to make a  lot of new quilts all inspired by being here this year! I kind of feel fueled up and ready to go!

Today I have been African painting fabrics to use in  work later on. It takes quite some time to paint these so i tend to spend a whole day or two making the fabric. Tomorrow i will do some dyeing.

And the pomegranate tree in the garden is spawning fantastic looking pomegranates! My favourite fruit and motif.

7 comments:

cj said...

very cool! Love the colors! what kind of paint are you using?

Monique 78 said...

Love the colors too. Seems you don't stop and take a rest after Ste Marie.
Witing for your new projects and works

Jeannie said...

What is African painting? Is it a technique or type of paint? Whatever it is, it is beautiful.

Monique 78 said...

Me again! Hope the exhibition in Le Triadou won't finish before I'm back in Sète at the end of october!

Catherine G 78 said...

I think Monique and I worked with this paint during one of your class....
Catherine G 78

Kristin L said...

Glad you had a good time at the Carrefour! I love your new painted fabric -- I assume you used a technique similar to that often used on paper with colored paste. It looks so free and joyful.

Elena said...

What wonderful colours! I love your works!