Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Felting

We did some felting last Sunday in the way that Lizzie Houghton does it and I was quite pleased with
the outcome. i had loads of cream wool so used it as my base and of course less of the other colours. I recommend her book Felting Fashion which is available through her website.This particular piece is about 120 cm long and 30 cm wide and the texture is quite soft. the piece below is much smaller about 30  cm wide by 50 cm long- so I might joint it into the other piece so I can wear it as a wrap. I need something warm with all this continuing snow!



The last photo is of a hat- I am not sure I shall wear it but it was interesting to make just to learn what not to do!

And my next on-line linocutting class will commence on 8 March- see one of  my previous posts with some of the efforts of  past  and present participants. If you are interested please email me.The cost is 40 euros ( or $54 US) for three fortnightly lessons with  lots of different exercises to extend your skills and design ideas.

2 comments:

sophie said...

The flat pieces are spectacular.

I would encourage you to not give up on the hat, yet. I just re-blocked a (knitted and fulled) hat that I made last year and it now has a much better shape and texture. If you aren't happy with the color/pattern, you could needle felt yarns and roving over it to cover or add additional design elements. What have you got to lose but a little creative play time?

dorie said...

i'am following your blog for quite a while. Love your felt and the designs on it.